Description: EnergyVille is a knowledge and research centre focusing on the energy transition from a fossil to a sustainable economy, and the development of associated technologies to enable a green energy system. EnergyVille delivers knowledge and expertise on smart grids, energy efficient buildings and cities. It develops relevant new technologies, provides training in new techniques, and thus enables the realization of a green urban region. EnergyVille actively supports and assists in the development of sustainable and innovative economical activities in these areas, working in close cooperation with industry and business.
Description: EnergyVille performs tests according to any customer specified profile. We have elaborate experience in developing custom efficient test procedures that are equivalent to actual application cycles (electric vehicles, solar batteries…).EnergyVille also offers both performance and lifetime tests according to international standards:» Static capacity test at various discharge currents» Constant power discharge test» Hybrid pulse power characterization test» Self-discharge test» Cold cranking test» Thermal performance test» Energy efficiency test» Charge sustaining cycle life test» Charge depleting cycle life test» Calendar life test
Description: The VITO HomeLab is a Smart Grid research and test facility for domestic energy management, consisting of two emulated households. For each of these, the electrical conditions can be controlled and measured in high detail and with high reproducibility.
Smart Grid Test Infrastructure
Description: The unit Energy Technology developed a Smart Grid test infrastructure that enables multidisciplinary research, integrating different smart-grid topics in an interconnected low voltage ac and dc grid using flexible facilities & laboratories.150 kVA low voltage ac-grid connected toHomelab with test facilities for energy management system and smart domestic appliancesThermotechnical lab with test facilities for heatpumps, µCHP, thermal storagePV installationPHEV and BEV charging infrastructureProgrammable inverter700 V low voltage dc-grid connected to Dc-dc converter with battery storage and/or supercapacitor storageDc-sources such as fuel-cells and PV
Thermo Technical Laboratory
- Highly accurate stationary measurements of relevant emissions, energetic performance, fast response dynamic measurements and endurance tests:
Boilers, burners, control systems, hot tap water appliances // Cogeneration units: engines, turbines, µCHP’s // Heat pump systems // Thermal Energy storage systems (both sensible and latent heat) // Combinations of systems : heat pumps and thermal energy storage, combined heat and power and thermal energy storage, distributed thermal energy storage
- Energy system combination: e.g. boiler combined with cogeneration and storage tank
- Including renewable energy sources
- Both gas, oil and biogas and electricity
- Thermal power up to 400 kW- Electrical feed-in power to 120 kW (eg CHP, Turbine)- Temperature from 6 °C to 85 ° C- Temperature 1/10th DIN 3 point calibration certificate (4-20 mA)- Connection gas or gas mixture through specific own gas station- High-end electromagnetic flow measurements with 3 point calibration certificate (4-20 mA)- Logging of all measuring points and control parameters can be set individually (abs, avg, ...)- Both fixed setpoints as a dynamic profile to 200 ms selectable- Direct coupling with external datasets or dynamic simulation software- Electrical connection of devices with other laboratories using their own low voltage test grid- Modular construction allowing easy monitoring and control can be added