Description: The University of Seville is an institution with more than five centuries of history that have left a legacy of renowned academic tradition and a unique cultural heritage. Currently, its main asset is the extensive university community made up of more than 70.000 students, 4.400 professors and 2.400 administrative professionals.
The Electrical Energy Systems group (EES) of the University Seville was created about 30 years ago and conducts multiple research activities in power engineering and maintains strong connections both with the national industry and other research groups worldwide. Currently, the EES group is composed of nearly 20 PhD Electrical Engineers with permanent positions, including 4 full professors, 7 associate professors and 8 assistant professors. In addition to this permanent staff, a team of assistant researchers and PhD students contributes to the technology transfer to the industry.
Main Research Fields:
- Computational and simulation tools for power systems
- Transmission and distribution planning and operation
- Energy efficiency and power quality
- Energy interfacing with power electronic devices
- Renewable energy control and integration
- Optimal planning, control and operation of wind and PV farms
- Electricity markets
- Wave energy
- Wide-area control using PMUs
- Contribution of distributed generation to ancillary services
last updated: 20.07.2017